Old 09-19-18, 11:22 AM
Milton Keynes

Bikes: Trek 1100 road bike, Roadmaster gravel/commuter/beater mountain bike

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2281 Post(s)
Liked 1,710 Times in 936 Posts
Originally Posted by raria
This is controversial, but yesterday i was in a room of quite large people and I found myself not reacting well.

Normally size doesn't matter to me, its a persons character. But i could not help feel a bit annoyed, sad and frustrated at these people.
It doesn't bother me, unless someone's complaining in some way about being heavy without making efforts to change. Everyone has the ability, they just have to really want it. Unfortunately it seems like most people want to take the easy way and not put in the hard work. When it comes to weight loss, there is no easy way, you have to change your diet and get some exercise.

Though I admit to occasionally watching videos on morbid obesity on Youtube as kind of a motivation to not gain all the weight I lost back. But I can understand the sadness and frustration at people who are morbidly obese to the point of not being able to take care of themselves but they won't quit eating. But that's the life they've chosen and they'll continue on that path unless they finally wake up and make changes. You can only help someone to a certain extent, but if they don't want to change there's no use in trying to help them.