Old 07-03-19, 11:21 AM
PGHNeil

Bikes: 2003 Trek 4900, 2019 Trek Marlin 7

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by WizardOfBoz
Yeah, this is a major MUP, the Schuylkill River Trail, in a huge metropolis, Philadelphia. There just happens to be a bar on the trail, and some very inconsiderate donkey perforations who stop at those places. I do have an expectation that people - even in bars - act in a considerate manner. Obviously some don't.
Originally Posted by indyfabz
When the place first opened they positioned the bike rack so that rear wheels were actually sticking out on the trail. I remember thinking "WTF? How clueless can you be?"
Originally Posted by WizardOfBoz
BTW, the SRT was named the best urban bike trail in the USA. 200 miles or so. It's pretty nice. So if you're visiting Philly and thought you wouldn't find a good place to ride - check it out.
I lived in Valley Forge in the late 90s and used to rollerblade on that trail between Phoenixville and Norristown. That's the ONE thing I miss about Philadelphia. I found the populous to be generally inconsiderate and often abrasive, especially around bars. Granted, I married a girl from Pittsburgh and she got homesick but by and large I prefer riding in more rural locales in the western part of the state and eastern Ohio. Even the beer drinking is more mellow.