View Single Post
Old 07-05-19, 04:36 PM
HTupolev

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1401 Post(s)
Liked 216 Times in 132 Posts
Day 5

Leavenworth is a "Bavarian Village"-themed tourism town, so I woke up to an excellent and also fairly ridiculous breakfast with a dude playing an alphorn.

And then I proceeded to spend the middle of the day wandering around town and eating food.

My next campsite was at Lake Wenatchee, only 20 miles away, so I could afford to waste time. Still, due to the constant strong headwinds, it took me nearly two hours to get there.

Heading to the lake along Chumstick Highway:

The winds at the lake:

It kind of sucked, because Lake Wenatchee is normally a really pleasant spot to just sit and soak in the view. But it was very uncomfortable on the beach on Tuesday.

Day 6

This was the ride home. I got up early to beat traffic on Highway 2 west over the Cascade Mountains on Stevens Pass.

I also got off of Highway 2 whenever practical, because it sucks.

And that's pretty much that.

I have mixed feelings about the tour.
It was a stunning ride, and while it was a bit of a sufferfest toward the ends of days 2 and 4, that doesn't make it any less rewarding.
The big downer is what happened with my achilles... while I was able to ride on it without pain by adjusting my foot positioning, the damage was definitely done, and I'll probably be very low-activity for a while to let it heal. I hope I've learned my lesson about being lazy with lingering fit issues.
Likes For HTupolev: