Old 01-06-17, 09:59 AM
cat0020
Ride more, eat less

Bikes: Too many but never enough.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 713 Post(s)
Liked 733 Times in 450 Posts
I have been riding upright bicycles for over 25 years.

I started riding recumbent since 2006, with a $250 used Vision R40 short wheelbase, underseat steering..

It took me few hundred miles and few weeks of riding to get used to the bike's handling and be able to relax and enjoy the ride.

Recumbent is a different type of riding than upright bicycle. You should not expect the bike to handle the same.

If you have injury that gets aggravated on upright bicycle, a properly fitted recumbent could likely offer you longer saddle time before you have get off the bike.

You should not expect to find the cure to all of your problem on the upright bicycle on a borrowed recumbent that's not properly introduced to you... especially only ridden it for 10 miles.

If you are interested in recumbent bikes, clearly express what you might be looking for from a recumbent bike.

Are you looking to ride longer without pain?

Are you looking to ride faster with more aero riding position?

Are you looking to ride a bikes that's stable at speed?
Long wheelbase maybe better but more difficult to transport and heavy. Short wheelbase may have quick steering,
but far more compact and lighter in weight.

Recumbent may not be suited for everyone, but if you have specific needs, there may be ways that recumbent can perform better than upright bicycle.