Thread: 2019 Randonnees
View Single Post
Old 11-16-18, 11:45 AM
antimonysarah

Bikes: Nishiki Bel-Air, Brompton P6L, Seven Resolute SLX, Co-motion Divide, Xtracycle RFA

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 33 Posts
I'm still waffling a bit, but I'm leaning towards PBP. I was hoping something on the US calendar would be super-tempting (there's some intriguing 1000ks but not as much in the 1200k slot that appeals) and I could avoid international travel for my first 1200k, but there's nothing that particularly appeals and works with my schedule. My husband's kind of excited about a France vacation, too.)

My tentative plan is to try to make it to the Central Florida brevet week to get a bunch of my qualifiers done early (especially the 600k) as the NER 600k is the absolute last qualifying weekend, so I want it to be a training ride, not a qualifier. So ideally I'd end up doing two full series -- the NER one and the Florida one, plus the brevet week would give me more confidence in my ability to keep going day after day, since riding a 1500k in 7 days is easier than 1200k in 4 but it's closer than a normal series spread out over months.

I'm also organizing two rides -- the annual NER overnight 200k (will be RUSA-sanctioning only, date isn't firm yet) and reviving an older NER 200k/300k route (Lake Champlain) to have yet more ACP qualifying events. Hoping to figure out a way I can preride that one without too much hassle/expense as it starts quite a ways from home.

My husband's training for a 100 mile ultramarathon run, so we'll both be kind of overly focused this summer.

Last edited by antimonysarah; 11-16-18 at 11:50 AM.