View Single Post
Old 11-20-18, 11:44 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18424 Post(s)
Liked 15,582 Times in 7,337 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
I tried my sister in law's bike with Di2. It works great. I own lots of bikes, and all of them are old. I'm not close to buying a new bike. If I were to buy a new bike, and if it were to come with electronic shifting, and if it doesn't add unreasonable cost, I wouldn't mind. But right now, it's very expensive and not worth it for me.
That's the conclusion I arrived at when I ordered my custom ti frame four or so years ago. I had heard it works great by people who have it, and the frame builder/LBS owner agreed. But he also said it's very expensive. I was paying a lot already and wanted to strike a balance between a mortgage payoff present to myself and saving more for retirement, so I went with DA 9000 and have been happy. Except for one frayed cable stop earlier this year, the drivetrain has been tuned up maybe 2 or 3 times, including the initial tune up after a month or so of riding.

BTW...I am a paper guy in at least one sense: I don't use GPS for rides in unfamiliar places. Rather, I use PGS: Paper Guidance System (a/k/a cue sheets).