prairiepedaler
Banned.

Bikes: Looking for "the One"

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 323 Times in 212 Posts
Originally Posted by cudak888
Don't look now, but the guy who picked it up might have been you in an alternate timeline. C&V'ers have to be just as fast as flippers to catch deals.

Plus, there's probably someone lamenting that they missed out on that Cannondale to "some flipper," even though they had 4.9 months to scoop it up.

There will be others. Don't let the hunt get to your head.

-Kurt

P.S.: On the topic of getting there first, an open letter to all C&V'ers: Please don't drive like a maniac to get the drop on a find. Many of us on two wheels don't like getting passed at speed by agitated drivers in 2-ton Craigslist Utility Vehicles. There should be some kind of award for those who pick up their C-list finds with a cargo bike.
Hi Kurt, I'm neither a flipper nor collector. That's the diff. I like looking at other peoples cool stuff. I've then experienced it in my own way, then can walk away and not have to deal with curating it all. When you're outside the bell curve in sizing - shoes, clothes, bikes etc., anything that comes along which works to make life easier is welcome. The Cannondale I bought was a few years ago and sat around for anyone who really wanted it. It was big, in nice shape and has a small rear wheel which means when I put a milk crate on it it lowers the load further down. Unfortunately one has to try a number of bikes to get one that really "does it" for you; fit, performance and functionality. No one bike does it all so we need multiples. When you need multiples in XL, and in decent reliable quality, it becomes a chore, and expensive. I've lost and won before it's no big deal. I just know many have been in the same situation and can empathize.

C&V'ers have to be be faster than the flippers! But only by minutes. In any race of 100, only the two striving for first mean anything.

You've flipped hundreds Randy, how would we would we have to go about it?