View Single Post
Old 07-19-19, 04:58 PM
Murray Missile 

Bikes: More than there were awhile ago.

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 637 Post(s)
Liked 1,288 Times in 610 Posts
The Mieles are not the same bike, look at the head tube length between the 2 pics. Travis's bike is a 21" frame and the $75 dolar bike is a 23".

Originally Posted by prairiepedaler
It's interesting and sometimes entertaining watching the local flippers at work. Here is some action from the last week.

Next, we have a Miele of some type. Great price (I think) at $75. I could have bought that bike as I spoke with the guy on the phone before anyone else. Perhaps someone put Dura-Ace on it and I could use those parts. But if I did end up buying it (with no Dura-ace), what would I do with it now? Maybe he had some bike tools I could use (like that oddball TA-230 Suntour BB cup remover for the Lee World) but no luck.

First picture original ad. Second, the flippers; at $450. I like the forlorn humour that flipper "Travis" uses. It's like he's saying goodbye to an old friend he's ridden for decades. And "earlier this summer". As in, 24 hours ago in my basement.

Who knows, maybe some of these flip artists are BF members? I'm not excoriating flippers, or condoning them.
Possibly Travis bought the other bike since it had the larger frame he needed and is selling the smaller one to finance the repairs and upgrades for the other but they are definitely not the same bike.