Old 07-29-19, 02:17 PM
Miele Man

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts
Originally Posted by eeuuugh
Scored this early Jamis hybrid yesterday:

No wheels or shifters, terrible seat, and the brake levers are bent, but it's double-butted Tange mtb tubing, the XCE cantilevers and crankset are nice, and I like the mid-blade fork eyelets. When I started stripping it down I found out why it had been tossed.

Not a big deal, there's a guy at my lbs that will weld it for $10 I think. Taking it in today. The head of that derailleur mounting bolt stripped when I put an allen wrench in it, but I got it out by heating the dropout with a torch and getting some vise grips on it.

Think I'm going to put drop bars, stem shifters, and non-aero levers on it, just because that's what I have on hand. Might have to switch out the stem to put drops on, which will be a shame, but the only mtb/riser bars I have right now are heavy steel.

Let me know if you have any insight into what model it could be!
I've had good luck reshaping the face of an MTB stem so that it's allow the curves of a drop bar to go by. I use a thick cut-off wheel on a Dremel tool to do the cutting.

Cheers