Old 08-18-19, 07:03 AM
mrt2you

Bikes: trek 720 multitrack hybred, 92 trek 2300, 2010 specialized roubaix, 2014 specialized roubaix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 14 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS on your new bike. you are going to love how it rides.
i am sorry to hear about your marriage problems.

i have owned a specialized roubaix since 2010. first one was a 08, don't remember the level but had all 105 drivetrain, that i rode for 4 years. next was a 2010 elite with 105 drivetrain. and i just purchased a 2014 expert with DI2.
i am 5'10" and have been over 200lbs all of my adult life. actually i am a large framed muscular guy and have been over 200lbs since i was 12 years old. for reference i am now 56yo. i am currently 230 if it makes a difference. the CF won't have any problems holding you weight. i probably have over 10,000 miles on carbon fiber frame bikes and no breakage. because you are the original purchaser there should be a lifetime warranty on breakage. so if it breaks you will get a new frame NC. if you maintain the bike and properly care ans store the bike, it can last a LIFETIME making the purchase price irreverent and actually a great bargain. if you decide to sell roubaix bikes hold their value pretty good and the easily recognized name helps them sell fast.

i have lusted over a new roubaix with the front suspension fork and the shock absorbing CGR seat post. i currently have this seat post on both my 2010 and the 14 and it DOES make a difference. my current bikes will only take a 25c tire. i think your bike will go up to a 32c to give a even smoother ride and allow you to ride on gravel better if you want to do that.

honestly you bought one of the smoother riding road bikes available, ( yes i am biased). to the new to biking person like yourself this can allow you do ride more miles with less discomfort after the ride. less pain after the ride will encourage you to ride farther, faster and longer on the next ride for even better health benifits.

KEEP the bike and enjoy the ride

Last edited by mrt2you; 08-18-19 at 07:21 AM.