UKFan4Sure
Useless Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked 181 Times in 113 Posts
Originally Posted by Mad Honk
UK Fan,
From an IU fan you can sympathize with the cross border jabs, but the behavior of being hateful is what will drive me over the edge. As a former IU coach I have had plenty of jabs thrown up at me. Luckily I was a Golf coach and had a great relationship with the UK golf coaching staff. But the basket ball stuff is what "kicks in" most of the time. Rivalries etc. But when it comes to bikes, they are personal items, and they are inanimate objects, and don't have personalities. What they look like and how they fit into other's view, shouldn't be our issue. Here is one example from me: I have a 1986 Schwinn Peloton, and I am quite happy with it. I got as a restoration from an accident that broke the rear dropout. After re-brazing the drop out and repainting I never decalled it. It was damaged in a house fire and now has been repainted yet again. It's new decal set is one of my choice. My choice of a different down tube set and special decals that are not "Schwinn correct" but the bike will be labeled correctly. I am sure someone will call a foul on me for my choices. But! It is my bike and my choice to decal it as I see fit. Getting older I am getting a bit thicker skin, but some times there are few folks who find a way to get under it. Go UK! Smiles, MH
Sorry, Mad Honk, I deleted my comments. It just isn't worth it to bring all that back up again and thought better about leaving it in the thread. Yeah, my incident left a bad taste in my mouth for the forums, but many might say I'm just a wimp. Ok... fine.