Old 05-21-20, 05:27 PM
phughes

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1034 Post(s)
Liked 1,292 Times in 744 Posts
I just set up the REI Passage-1 in the back yard. The setup is easy and fast, and the tent is roomy for a one person tent. There is a small vestibule in front of the entrance suitable for your shoes and a little gear. Overall, not bad for a one person tent. I think I would like the two person version for the extra room, but it doesn't seem worth the extra weight or size, even though the extra weight and size is minimal. I have room on either side of me, and at each end. It seems as if I could actually bring at least one pannier inside comfortably, though I rarely do that anyway.

The rain fly has an opening you can open, complete with a rod sewn into the fly which is covered in velcro, that allows you to prop it open for ventilation. It also has a pocket on the inside of the tent for your phone and other items. Not bad, especially for the price. $95.99 and free shipping. The two person model, the Passage-2 is on sale for $109.99.

Oddly, the tent comes with 6 stakes, but if you want to use the guy lines, you need four more. No biggie, as I have other stakes, but odd. The guy lines are not necessary, but I like using them.

It comes with the footprint as well.

Last edited by phughes; 05-21-20 at 06:59 PM.