View Single Post
Old 06-16-20, 12:07 AM
TheWanderer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by katsup
There was a red Trek 970 ZX with a rigid fork listed locally for $250. I assume it sold as the ad got deleted, but then it showed up in a different city for $400 and hasn't sold yet. It being the largest frame size helps the value of that one, as well as the rigid fork, but not sure about the new price.

Since yours has a suspension fork, and a more common size, I'd say anywhere between $200 to $300 in the current pandemic market.
I do think that $300 seems to be about the reasonable ceiling for these. Although I would imagine you could definitely get more money in Laguna. I've been eyeing a 1995 990 ZX, which you don't see very often, in nearly perfect condition for $300. Full XT kit but with a Judy up front. If it were fully rigid it would probably be a definite buy for me, because I'm looking to build up a retro tourer/adventure bike (which is what I think many of these old steel rigid classics are being bought for). It's also about a 90-minute drive for me, which is the one other factor I don't want to deal with.