Old 04-08-20, 09:23 AM
flangehead

Bikes: 2017 Co-op ADV 1.1; ~1991 Novara Arriba; 1990 Fuji Palisade; mid-90's Moots Tandem; 1985 Performance Superbe

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked 572 Times in 332 Posts
Not an entry.. file photo

First off, one of the things I enjoy about this thread is learning new history, terms, etc. I had no idea of the scope and actions of Soviet partisans in World War II.

Following is not an entry but since I "witnessed" it I'll post some file photos.

An acetylene leak at the Watson Manufacturing plant detonated in January of this year. That morning, the sky was overcast and I was on my way to work when I saw a bright reflection on the overcast. We'd had thunderstorms the day before but they'd passed and I thought it strange that there was lightning. After 10's of seconds, I heard a very loud sharp crack which sounded to me like explosives. I hadn't been counting seconds but I figured it had to be at least 2 miles east of me.

To make a long story short, I was about 3-1/2 miles from the blast. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Houston_explosion

I went by about a week later and took some photos. [Not an entry; file photos and the plant was destroyed not abandoned.]

Street view looking NW from Gessner Road.

It was really bad.
Likes For flangehead: