View Single Post
Old 02-08-19, 02:45 PM
TXsailor

Bikes: Origin-8 Lactic Acid Giant Escape 2 Centurian Lemans 12 Kuwahara Tandem 1989 Ironman Expert 1988 Ironman Master

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked 82 Times in 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Sprocket Turner
My first RAGBRAI was in 2006 and I would recommend it to anyone and everyone. I know that I had spoken to a couple of others about organizing a vintage group to do the ride. I'm not sure about this year as Coppi is calling. There are enough C&V folk I bet we could bring a representative bike from each of the years that RAGBRAI has been going. (it started in 1973). If interested in this year, or next year please PM me. I can create a database and organize it.

Robbie has said it here and in other threads.........don't count Coppi out just because you are not registered. Swag no - but being able to ride with an awesome group of people, see some awesome bikes, and have wonderful scenery yes.
Looks like you are giving us a reason to do it again if this year is as good as we hope. For us its a big logistical challenge but we are getting it worked out. We have my daughter her daughter a friend who runs a health food store my sister in law and a doctor from Alaska on our team. Some of us have never met. My wife and a husband will be towing campers. Its going to be a adventure for sure.