View Single Post
Old 05-25-19, 08:48 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by JW Fas
I never understood the appeal of announcing to the world you're no longer participating. Just disappear gracefully. Why make a big song and dance over it?

Is it so you can inevitably get roasted and haughtily declare, "See? I'm right!"?
Yet on the Fifty-Plus Forum, the disappeared are remembered fondly, and sought out, for example, Anyone hear from STAPFAM these days??
Originally Posted by jppe
STAPFAM was a regular here for a long time but it’s been quite a while since he’s posted
Originally Posted by berner
I've wondered about the bloke myself.Also 10Wheels has nor been heard from in about the same length of time.
Originally Posted by Planemaker
What about the guy who organized the 50+ jersey purchase the last few times?
Originally Posted by qcpmsame
I miss Solveg's posts, and Tom Bombadill always had something interesting to say, too. Easthill in another member I miss...

There were many people that helped me out when I first joined up here. Denver, Stapfam, Jim from Boston, Jim Mueller, Easthill, Miss Kenton, the various Diegos, and a host of others, all got me off to a good start here.

I had some great mentors when I joined up, everyone here was supportive and encouraging to me...

Bill
Originally Posted by bikemig
This is a great thread.
Originally Posted by qcpmsame
Either quoting a member, or using a "Mention" with the "@" character ahead of their screen name is flushing the, Once Forgotten members out of their holes...

Bill
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
Anyone hear from STAPFAM these days??

For those Fifty-Plus and older, I'm reminded of that frequently repeated 1960 TV version of Peter Pan with Mary Martin, in which Tinkerbelle was fading away, and Peter Pan pleaded with the TV audience,"If you believe, clap your hands; don't let Tink die."
Originally Posted by Rowan
This thread is just wonderful. And yeah, Stapfam is one of the people who I do miss a little here. But it has been excellent to see some other people posting here who haven't in a while.

Any chance they can stick around for a while?
Keep clapping.

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 05-25-19 at 09:00 AM.