Old 09-16-20, 09:20 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10969 Post(s)
Liked 7,495 Times in 4,191 Posts
Originally Posted by Salamandrine
I think the Team Raleighs started that whole thing, no? The rest of the world caught up ~5 years later.

The Long Shen lugs and BB shell are very nice.

Dropouts are pretty ugly IMO. Could they not have filed the protruding tang flush with the fork blade? For $3k+ i expect better workmanship.

I don't buy the vintage dropouts were unsafe, so we had to update it to use these ugly modern dropouts argument. Those Campy dropouts just used to assplode all the time!!! I know when I'm being fed BS. Likewise on the 753. Since they mention that the tubes are cro-mo, and 753 is manganese/molybendum, I have to assume they used 725. Nothing wrong with that. But I dislike dishonesty so this puts me off personally.

I guess I should give them kudos for trying, but IMO if you want a vintage style English bike, better to go to Mercian, or Bob Jackson, or a custom framebuilder.
They are lying about the tubing? Thats pretty significant.
Perhaps its as simple as 'cromo' was used out of ignorance or a simple attempt to describe what most think of when they hear steel tubes.
...or a major bike brand is lying about their product.