Old 04-15-19, 06:31 AM
jlaw

Bikes: 2015 Spec. AWOL Elite,2022 Spec. Diverge, 1984 Trek 620 1985 Trek 620, 1979 Trek 710

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Liked 194 Times in 110 Posts
Originally Posted by JWK
I sometimes wonder whether I should buy a pair of those inexpensive 650b wheels from Velomine and try them on my GT Grade. The only problem is I don't think I could put 47s on. 42s for sure, but if I went the 650b route, I would definitely want the two sizes for my riding. Anyone know exactly how far I measure from the dropouts to measure?

Even though the wheels are pretty heavy, I think I would know if 650b would be for me or whether I'd be better off sticking with 700c. Expensive experiment, but maybe worth it over buying a new bike that doesn't work out.
FWIW I just purchase a set of 26" wheels with Velocity Dually rims from Velomine. They came in a 'Wheelmaster' box with what appeared to be original packaging inside - so I assume that this means they are machine built and from the factory. I checked them for true, round, dish, and tension. No adjustments necessary. The only thing I noticed is that that tensions are not quite as consistent as if I had built them myself - not sure if this will effect long-term trueness.