View Single Post
Old 11-18-19, 06:38 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7652 Post(s)
Liked 3,473 Times in 1,834 Posts
Originally Posted by jadocs
If you are a fan of Ti, then I would get a Ti. Check out the clearances from Litespeed. I purchased by T2 Di2 disc for almost 3k under your budget and has the tire range you specified.
Yeah ... try Lynskey and such. Try custom Ti with geometry to fit your body and riding style (Ask @indyfabz about custom Ti.)

The small weight difference only matters if you are competing, the ride quality will likely be superior. Also, the bike will last forever, and if you drop it, crash it, or need to throw it on the rack on your car for a bumpy ride ... no sweat.

Originally Posted by topflightpro
Trek Domane, Specialized Roubaix, Cannondale Synapse, Giant Defy.... For $8k, your options are pretty wide. And I'm probably going to get some disagreement with this, but there really isn't that much difference between most carbon bikes in this category. They will each have a gimmick to differentiate from others, such as Trek's Isospeed or the Specialized's Futureshock.

I'd suggest going to several local bike shops and trying "Endurance" geometry bikes and get the one you like best. You really cannot buy a bad bike in that budget range.
I wholly agree ... at Any price point every bike from every major manufacturer/retailer in whatever style is almost identical. (By the way, check out the life span on Futureshock ... I just saw an article, i think.)

Decide what kind of riding you want to do most, and get a bike just for that. Any good endurance frame with electronic shifting is going to ride really well for hours, if it is fitted to you.

Seriously, though ... if you are going to drop $8K why not get custom Ti? or even off-the-rack Ti if it fits? You can always spend a couple K more later and get something in in carbon ... maybe buy a Chinese CF frame and build it up with 105 for a couple K, if you want extra-light or extra-aero for the occasional fast day.