Old 03-11-20, 09:11 AM
Cypress
Globo Gym lifetime member

Bikes: Fast ones

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 410 Post(s)
Liked 614 Times in 306 Posts
I've seen it a lot here in Oregon. Someone will fire up through the categories then use their localized popularity to gain a client base. The schedule/location flexibility and tax write offs of being a trainer allow them to travel and ride a ton in an attempt to make it in the domestic pro peloton. I can't blame them though...If I could get paid well enough to live out of a converted Sprinter van and just ride my bike every day while still growing my retirement portfolio, I totally would. Until then, catch me at my desk 40+ hours a week parleying with you goons.

Maybe I should start charging Bike Forums for my posts. An e-coach, if you will. Every thread in the Road forum has a 98.1% failure rate in providing sound advice to other cyclists. There's a huge penchant for ignoring/arguing advice from guys that have literally decades of practicable experience in lieu of "theory". The only people that have their heads screwed on straight seem to come from this racing subforum. If a person has the time, they could read through the entire "Training Status" thread and come out with more applicable cycling/coaching knowledge than most of the coaches I know.