View Single Post
Old 04-01-20, 09:37 AM
Russ Roth

Bikes: 2010 Carrera Volans, 2015 C-Dale Trail 2sl, 2017 Raleigh Rush Hour, 2017 Blue Proseccio, 1992 Giant Perigee, 80s Gitane Rallye Tandem

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 1,024 Times in 723 Posts
Originally Posted by 79pmooney
The easy to move stand means it is no big deal to build the wheels on the dining room table, in excellent light and with good music. Two steps to the kitchen floor to check dish and stress spokes. Works so well I am in no rush to change anything. If someone offers me a Park, I'd probably pass.

Edit: oh yeah, I could probably modify my simple stand easily to accommodate any axle system anyone ever wants to invent.
Ben
don't have a kitchen table, just the dining room and don't find it hard to move anywhere with the base. Also picked it up off Amazon warehouse deals for 125.00 with a damaged box, the box went into the garbage just as well as any other so I don't know why they dropped the price so low. Seem like one goes on there every other month, the base was extra. Plus side is the base holds oil, all the spoke wrenches, extra nipples and spoke prep while keeping the table free if drippings from oiling the nipples.
Likes For Russ Roth: