View Single Post
Old 07-04-20, 03:18 AM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2739 Post(s)
Liked 971 Times in 794 Posts
Originally Posted by Tourist in MSN
Everybody has different health insurance with different coverage, except some lack coverage. There is no uniform answer.

Up until two years ago, my coverage was limited to the state I was in, except I think I had emergency coverage elsewhere but what met the definition of "emergency" could be transient and minimal. Now I have coverage in all states.
Thanks for that clarifying. Limitations, specifics, and hopefully not the spectre of small print details, are all details that clearly is one of the main difference between our two countries.

It's a lot to have to consider as a regular Joe Schmoe person, and to organize, plan for, make judgement calls on with most likely hard to understand details, not to mention the clear connection between a job and health insurance--this last point a real issue with a huge economic downturn.

Not to mention the "that's a large sum" aspect in general brought up, (to be clear here I refer to the millions of Americans with limited health insurance) and of the insuing and inherent realities of health insurance connected with social class and education, and the snowball effect of all of these things on all kinds of angles to a society in general.

Oof, off the topic of bicycle touring, but for you Americans, an ever present one in your lives,directly linked to your health coverage/bicycling/risk of injury and hospital stay/now possible bicycling and covid implications......

Last edited by djb; 07-04-20 at 03:21 AM.