Old 07-05-20, 01:31 PM
rustymetal

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by mrrabbit
How did you check the front and rear wheel dish?

=8-)

Also, spray some water on the ground. Force the bike to ride in a straight line - hold - ride through the water, continue for about 15-20 feet.

1 track = good
2 tracks = wheels not dished OR if dished not centered in dropouts properly.

=8-|
The wheels were checked with a dishing tool.

I didn't use water to check it, but used some chalk dust. The bike tracks straight that way.

I also took two 7/8" aluminum bars, one in the fork tube, another down the seat post. I did this to give me a better line of sight on the frame, I cannot see any 'twist' between the headtube and the seat tube. If its off there it minuscule. In comparison, the old Monark is off by a half inch, the frame is twisted to the point where each tire wears on opposite sides yet it don't pull.

Walking the bike by hand doesn't give a noticeable pull.
I did have someone else ride the bike at and away from me and they said they didn't notice any pull, yet when I get on the bike the pull is severe.
There's a 300 lb or so difference between me and the other rider.
I also feel like I'm looking down the right side of the bike when I'm riding it, as if the bike is leaning to the left, but with another rider, I don't noticed this.

The pull is so severe I can't imagine the issue isn't obvious. It takes a ton of force to correct the pull, so much so I pulled the grip off the left side.