Old 07-13-20, 12:59 AM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4510 Post(s)
Liked 6,377 Times in 3,667 Posts
Originally Posted by mech986
Merziac, sorry if I misread your post. If “they” refers to higher ups in state or federal leadership positions, I whole heartedly agree with you. Having retired as an FP physician 6 years ago but still being heavily involved in managing my handicapped daughter’s healthcare and my general families’ (and 86 y/o mom’s) health care this pandemic is threatening precisely because so many of us and you out there are squarely in the crosshairs of this pandemic.

Oregon has done very very well by responding quickly to the nearby Washington and California outbreaks and the few local outbreaks that you’ve had. California IMO has lost all the gains they had made early on through end of May but with reopening, cases have again accelerated. I personally am aware of many RN’s and Dr’s who are battling Covid in ICU’s, clinics, and homeless population. They and all the support staff are doing everything they can once the patient gets to them. It the “ounce of prevention” that has been sorely lacking and poorly modeled by some in leadership to the detriment of all.

We in the health field are biased towards the living, while others are worried about the economic and political impacts. Frankly, if you’re sick, on a ventilator, dying or dead, the last thing you’re thinking about is money.
No worries Doc, I was probably vague at best.

Our response seemed good because it never lit off here for real.

Next thing you know the very small curve we had leveled off and soon thereafter we are back to business as usual for the most part.

After the pathetic exercise we went through, they are not about to let that happen again and I believe the death toll will have go up alot before we get it together, at which time it will be too late for too many.