Old 09-22-17, 08:22 AM
invisiblehand
Part-time epistemologist

Bikes: Jamis Nova, Bike Friday triplet, Bike Friday NWT, STRIDA, Austro Daimler Vent Noir, Hollands Tourer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 1nterceptor
BFold is trying to straighten out my issues with Bike Friday. I was thinking of
the same idea @fietsbob ; spacer between casette lockring & frame. Demo bike
and most Pakits the shop sold were Alfine IGH.
With the understanding that most of this is wild @ssed speculation ...

I think there are two things happening.

One, the business has been pretty busy lately. They're still in the peak sales season and besides rolling out a relatively new product, selling shares of the business to raise capital has to be time consuming.

Two, Bike Friday is still trying to figure out how to incorporate the LBS into their sales model. Up to now, I understand that their sales was predominantly through sales reps over the phone. While in theory, we all like to think that folks will be just as helpful as before, if the LBS is now part of the "sales team" it seems natural to think that the shop should be the communication point.

My own experience calling them is that if your question requires a senior person with something detailed -- I wanted to swap the seat mast and rear triangle on a medium and large tikit** -- it might take a while to make the connection to get the nitty gritty. Anyway, I suspect that David Lam will be able to handle your problems.

** It turns out that Bike Friday bikes are not quite so modular making it hard to swap frame parts. That is, there is a bit of bike-specific fitting going on during construction such that retro-fitting parts is a more involved process than one might think. (It's not as easy as LEGOs)