View Single Post
Old 03-28-19, 08:06 PM
jimmuller 
What??? Only 2 wheels?

Bikes: 72 Peugeot UO-8, 82 Peugeot TH8, 87 Bianchi Brava, 76? Masi Grand Criterium, 74 Motobecane Champion Team, 86 & 77 Gazelle champion mondial, 81? Grandis, 82? Tommasini, 83 Peugeot PF10

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 232 Posts
I rode my commute today for the first time since snow started falling a month or two or three or four or five or six ago. Okay, so maybe it wasn't really six months, it just seems like it. I rode the '83 Peugeot PFN10. Okay, it started life as a PFN10, but since the N signified clincher tires and I'm running sew-ups it has reverted to being a PF10, and a fine bike it is indeed.

I stopped briefly on the return home to help out a guy fixing a flat. It turns out he had everything under control, but the stop was worth the time because he was riding a 25 y.o. KHS so we talked old bikes for a few minutes.

Which reminds me, I wanted to ask a question. @non-fixie, how does one pronounce Gazelle in Dutch? guh-ZELL-uh would seem correct if it is at all like German. And the next question is what the plural would be, Gazellen? I have to ask now that I have two of them.