Old 10-11-20, 08:26 PM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 948 Times in 555 Posts
Originally Posted by DrIsotope
Those e-bike rides with average HR in the low 100s shouldn't be viewed at exercise at all. Your diet should be prepared as if the bike rides don't exist, because it cardiovascular terms, they don't. A typical person of average health will have a similar energy output while walking at a normal pace.

An intake of 2200-2400kcal/day is high for someone weighing 186lbs unless they are particularly active. Absolutely discard Garmin's calorie numbers, even if they're coming from the e-bike's PM. The Garmin thinks you're doing all the work. The above-mentioned 45 mile ride would be in the 1200-1300kcal area without assist, if it were done at ~17mph. To reach 1500 would require it to be really steep, or ridden really quickly.
yes I have been taking them as somewhat ok. but my bike computer has my watt output and they are about 50 cals off from each other. I was trying to keep my heart rate around 130 on my commutes. but I ride in the city so its a lot of starting and stopping. there are few rides were I can keep a steady pace. for the last few months I have worked as hard as I can on my commutes. but it is too much I don't have that energy to spare. I am always active though not sure how accurate my garmin watch or Apple Watch is but both get me at 5 or so miles of walking a day. it was higher till I got my bikes.
Putting out 150 watt average or a bit more for 9.5 miles twice a day and then 10 to 20 miles with about 120 watt average is more then I can sustain. but is it because I don't eat enough or have I hit my daily energy limit ? this what I am working out. I think I am just running out of steam. so right now I am not working as hard one my commutes and I will see. I have been working hard and harder on my commutes but I think once we started riding the tandem regular so far I have been getting more and more tired. once a week I could average 180 or so watts then then my rides start going downhill the rest of the week. since I can only eat mostly protein and fat I don't know if I get al the energy out of my food. I don't always digest things super well. also hit a new record of 255 miles in a week. I usually get 220 or so.

Last edited by fooferdoggie; 10-11-20 at 09:30 PM.