Old 10-27-20, 08:19 AM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 948 Times in 555 Posts
I have found my energy levels have dropped quite a bit lower now. around the level 2 or 3 months after I started riding. I went from putting out 150 watts on average to about 120 or so. heart rate 120 or above to around 110 or so. I have to use a lot more assist as I cant push now. I am still riding the same distance 220 to 250 miles a week just with less effort. I don't know if I am just riding more then my body can handle or that a food is effecting me. the only new thing I eat is some unsweetened chocolate almond milk. the chocolate may be effecting me since I have it every day. it could just be subtle and the effects just build up. or I am riding too much. this started after we stared riding the tandem more every day but thats when I started on the chocolate almond milk. I have been really careful on what I eat so it is not other foods if it is a food thing. but when it gets dark when I get home the tandem riding is going to drop off a lot. so if it does not get better then I may have to drop the chocolate almond milk on a regular basis.
I Know chocolate if I eat too much will make me tired I found that out Sunday the nI had my one carb splurge of this flowerless chocolate cake it made me sluggish on my ride. but that was a lot of very dark intense chocolate. I cut the chocolate almond milk off for a week and did not notice a difference.

at least I can still ride even if I don't work as hard. the wife and I I did our longest ride Sunday 47 miles then a meal and a errand ride for a total of 58 miles a record for us. pretty wiped out afterwards though. I hate being such a slave to food and having to watch so closely everything I eat and having to eat the same things every day.