Old 12-17-20, 05:33 AM
Kabuki12

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 874 Post(s)
Liked 2,289 Times in 1,279 Posts
Since I don't normally sell my bikes , I don't know the actual prices. If anything I see prices higher when cruising CL and the bay. The sold prices seem to be up on the bay . High end components are definitely up so it takes a little more patience to score that tidbit for my classic racers. I added to the stable this year and got a fair deal but not the incredible bargains I got a year or more ago on my others. In Southern California there seems to be more grey haired folks(my age) on lugged steel bikes in my area. I passed a guy older than me just cruising his DeRosa when I was on my ItalVega and it was kind of cool to see a fellow C&V biker. My LBS that I frequent in Ventura told me that they now have a few other vintage race bike folks coming in for accessories .I met one of them on a Saturday and he was having work done on his Eddie Merckx , I was on my Windsor Pro so the talk in the store was all about the older ten speeds. I don't expect things to change too dramatically but I don't think the classics are going away.