View Single Post
Old 02-09-21, 07:03 AM
blakcloud

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked 352 Times in 225 Posts
The locks that I use are dependent on the amount of risk I perceive at the bike's location.

At home in my own personal bike parking locker, I use three Kryptonite U locks, 2 which are New York Fahgettaboudit locks and 1Kryptonte mini with a Kyrpto cable and Pitlock Skewers for front and rear wheels. I have the same for my wife's bike. The bike locker has a combination lock and a second Kyrptonite mini. I deem this area to be the highest risk for someone stealing my bike.

If going downtown, two locks are a given.

For riding down the bike path and stopping for lunch, then I bring the ABUS Granite Bordo folding lock combined with the Pitlock skewers for the Rivendells and just the Bordo if bringing the Bromptons (for the places you can't carry the Brompton in).

For the carbon wonder bikes, they just don't get locked as I wouldn't leave them long enough to be stolen.

Again it all depends on risk. When I am in Japan my bike gets locked with either a ring lock or a cable that nail clippers could cut. Risk is lower there. Here in Toronto risk is higher, thieves more brazen and allure of fentanyl and heroin too high. Again it is all about risk.
Likes For blakcloud: