invalid.user
*bows*

Bikes: Giant Fastroad Advanced 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 70sSanO
From what I read it was driving in the direction of the setting sun and glare caused her not to see. Still should be manslaughter, or whatever the equivalent in Canada. The cyclist was on the side of the road and not in the lane.

John
Where did you read that, out of curiosity? I was looking for an answer as well, but honestly, the fact that she has had 3 speeding tickets within 2 years of the accident, she posted that Instagram photo with the caption about being drunk, and her fleeing the scene lead me to believe that this was the result of distracted or under the influence driving rather than the sun shining in her eyes. Also, this was posted on the Markham subred dit and a lot of cyclists were saying that the side of the road is wide and you'd almost have to try to hit a cyclist there, which further supports my conclusion.

Originally Posted by Iride01
My two most severe bike accidents were on the paved MUP's. One put me in the hospital. The other was at the end of my driveway. I can't think of any I had that were away from my home on the public roads for motor vehicles which I ride often. Though I don't ride any and every public road willy nilly. I use some discretion for which roads I deem safe for me.
That's fair, but I don't think statistics would back up your assertion that biking on the side of the road is safer than on a MUP.