View Single Post
Old 05-07-06, 02:50 PM
Tom Stormcrowe
Out fishing with Annie on his lap, a cigar in one hand and a ginger ale in the other, watching the sunset.

Bikes: Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by ZachS
did you measure how much your speed/time actually changed?
Marked distance, granted, it was just a supershort 100 meter sprint, but I hit my max cadence and a higher ground speed faster on the lightweight. That's the only standard I was judging by, the acceleration to top speed and apparent effort over a flat course with warm muscles. Gearing was comparable, by the way. Like I said, it felt like I was rocket propelled! As to how the bike would ride on a long ride? I don't know! It felt pretty comfortable ergonomically speaking. I've always ridden steel frame and this was my first time on an Aluminum frame (No kiddin'!). I just wanted to get a feel for what my new road bike would feel like (Well, newto me!) with the 531 frame. It's about 1.5 pounds heavier than the Giant, so should be roughly similar.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant