Old 06-05-20, 12:48 PM
Trakhak

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2542 Post(s)
Liked 3,018 Times in 1,719 Posts
Originally Posted by 79pmooney
I know. I've been reading that a long time. And I have also observed my lighter spoked wheels are more comfortable, more fun to ride (and last longer). I'll keep doing it like I will anything that experience shows me works better than what the "experts" say. (Started riding sew-ups 47 years ago, lightly spoked ones 44 years ago.) I've ridden more than a few rides where I noticed I was getting beat up more than usual, just wrote it off to it being a bad day, then noticed I was riding a straight gauge wheel when I hung the bike up.

Ben
Truly, who knows? It's just that this sort of discussion is a bit reminiscent of what goes on in audio forums, with the contributions of electronics engineers with multiple PhDs in the field and with decades of experience designing audio equipment and testing facilities being dismissed by amateurs on the ground that their own "golden ears" can detect nuances no test equipment can, e.g., the "bloom" of audio reproduction that is lost when power cables that cost less than $500 are used to connect amplifiers to power outlets.