Old 04-25-19, 09:15 PM
stardognine
Partially Sane.

Bikes: Soma Saga, pre-disc

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 972 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 468 Posts
Howdy. 🙂 This thread grabbed my attention immediately, because I literally just passed through several areas of the Mojave Desert. And I can easily admit, snakes give me the willies, more than any other kind of living creature. 😳
I never learned any special tricks, to deal with them, other than common sense. Meaning always look where you're walking, carefully and further ahead than usual, and I pretty much always have my portable radio on. The radio gives snakes and any other critters fair warning, that I'm passing through. It "seems" to work fine, as long as I remember to keep fresh batteries on hand. 🙄😉
I imagine dogs would be great snake alarms, but I don't tour with one, and it sounds like you probably don't either.
Speaking of bees, one got me this morning, on my middle finger. The darn thing flew into my hair, and got stuck, and reflexes made me try to shake it loose, with my fingers. That didn't work so well, lol. 😁
I can't really complain much though, I'm not allergic to bees, and it's been many many years, since I was last stung. 😎