View Single Post
Old 04-14-13, 06:24 AM
Wooden Tiger

Bikes: 2012 Cannondale Flash Alloy 2 (mountain bike), 2010 Schwinn Paramount Series 7 (road bike)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was looking in that same price range prior to buying and did a lot of research on MTBs. For around $1,700, you should most definitely look at a Scott Scale. I'd never been real familiar with Scott so I was a bit apprehensive about them but lemme tell ya, those are some SERIOUSLY comfortable and excellent performing MTBs! Check into the Scott Scale 960s and 950s for that price range.

While doing the research, I'll just point out that I personally didn't read real favorable comments about the Jamis MTBs but to each his/her own. I looked at everything from Cannondale Trail SL1s, Trek Cobias, Specialized Stumpjumpers, Giant XTCs, Rocky Mountain, Breezer, you name it.

At the end of the day I wound up with a left over '12 Cannondale Flash 2 Alloy (29er) and it's great. I believe the Flash was replaced with the F29s. They're also real nice bikes and worth a look, but IMO, you can NOT go wrong with a Scott Scale. Even though I went with my Cannondale over the Scott (I got a really good deal from the LBS and I liked it nearly as much as the Scott...), I worship the dirt the Scott rolls over.

IMO, there are bikes in the same price range out there with better components groups than what you are going to find on either the Fuji or Jamis.