Old 05-20-16, 11:31 AM
Madlands

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Taga 2.0 family bike Kickstarter- impressions?

My wife is super intrigued by this bike (well, trike to be accurate). She currently has a pretty nice hybrid bike with a huge rear child seat on it for our toddler - originally bought with the idea that she'd use it to ride our toddler to nursery school in the morning and then to work herself about 6 miles total daily mileage. But she has not used it all that much because frankly it's kind of a pain, mostly getting both rider and passenger on and off. The Taga seems like it'd be a thousand times easier in that department but I'm worried how viable this could be for daily use. They say it will sell for $1000 but currently $650 on kickstarter. The other "cart bikes" I've seen cost three to ten times that, which makes me skeptical of how legit this one is. Seems too good to be true.

There's a nicely produced video on the kickstarter page but little in the way of specs. From what I can tell it's a three speed which should be fine for our relatively flat commute, and has disc brakes and shimano gear. But has anyone here with higher bike IQ than me looked at it? Curious what people who know bikes make of this.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects..._campaign=taga