View Single Post
Old 07-19-11, 09:26 PM
mudman22

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Runner 1
It's a lot of money, and I'm kind of skeptical. The reason I would be getting the fit is because of the constant lateral knee pain I've been having.

. . .

Sorry if this is coming off as pessimistic, but I kind of have this feeling I'm going to drop a large amount of cash and be disappointed. Like I said, I'm still considering it because I'm running out of options and I don't want to give up cycling, so if you have any suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them.
So this is how I felt before I had my professional fit. But my knee was getting worse with each ride, even after a couple days off. I was considering quitting, or at least not trying to shoot for the century ride I had signed up for in a couple months.

After the fit, my knee feels stronger and better the more I ride. No stretching or unusual care required.

You can read about the experience here if you are interested: http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...=#post12914947

I think there are simply too many variables to get right on one's own, unless you get lucky.

Good luck. Get a fit and see if it helps.