View Single Post
Old 12-29-15, 03:14 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4350 Post(s)
Liked 3,989 Times in 2,663 Posts
Originally Posted by Buffalo Buff

Found a good bike for you!

Wouldn't want to go too light and make anyone think you're a pansy.

You could rig some panniers full of sandbags on that thing to prove to everyone just how badass you are too.

Oh, and make sure you eat everything you can before you tour. The more you weigh, the better! Who wants to go at bike speeds when you can walk? In fact why would anyone want to bike up hills when you can walk your bike up them?

Oh, don't forget to spend the next fifteen months calculating gear inches and dividing the numbers by the square root of pi, so you know you have the right gearing to get off your bike and walk it up those hills!

Make sure you get good maps and find a good, pre-packaged, cookie cutter route! Going 4 miles a day takes a lot of forethought, wouldn't want to get lost!

If you have any other questions let me know, I'm eager to help my fellow tourists!

Hell yeah, you tell those jokers! On my last tour I got rid of my seat and seatpost and saved over a pound of weight. The little disc of foam I use in it's place weighs less than 1oz and is plenty comfortable so long as I don't sit on it ; )