Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by zmrider23
I plan on touring from Delaware to Nebraska around 1,390 miles and I was looking for advice on the best route I should take. I plan on camping 85% of the time, what is everyone's suggestions for a ^one person tent, sleeping bag, and rain gear. I am curious in what brands you all use, what is lightweight, or saves space. I am getting some advice from a co worker who biked from DE to Venezuela in the 70's for a lot of the other stuff I'll need, but I appreciate any other information. Thank you.
Times have changed since the 70s.

Go into some shops and start looking at what is available. Visit MEC, REI, Army surplus, or whatever other sporting goods shops you have in your area. Read about the features of each of the tents ... especially features like their weights. Many of these sporting goods places will have tents up and on display so you can actually see what they look like and go inside to check them out.

Same with things like sleeping bags etc. Look at their temperature ratings, check out their other features.

Go look at what's available and do some in-person research.

I could tell you that our tent is a Quechua from Decathlon in France (which we picked up when we passed through Dunkerque in 2007) ... and that we really like it ... but that's probably not going to help you a whole lot.

Last edited by Machka; 01-11-16 at 01:58 AM.