Thread: Bike brands
View Single Post
Old 05-01-18, 07:10 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7652 Post(s)
Liked 3,478 Times in 1,836 Posts
First off, friends ... the Ignore button is in your brains. Read the name, ignore the post, I know it Sounds complicated ....

Secondly ... say what is this thread about? Nothing to do with the OP who could probably use some Real help, not a bunch of folks showing off their specialized knowledge and fully ripe opinions.

(For the record, I find the inside info about manufacturers interesting, so I read those posts ... but It isn't always about me." You guys need to repeat that for a while.)

To the OP:

Whether or not that bike holds up for you is a mystery for now. it really depends on what you do with it.

I have a friend who rides a cheap Walmart bike but he never pushes it at all, and it mostly holds up. He never loads it heavy, never rides it hard, never hits big bumps .... or even rolls off curbs.

As for the bike you bought ... I personally wouldn't trust a suspension fork which sold for less than $150-$200 .... which is about what your whole bike cost. But I say that knowing that I would ride with little skill and much verve and batter the thing, and anything cheap wouldn't last and wouldn't work (a lot of cheap forks are like pogo sticks---they move a little in the parking lot when you lean on them ... and kick back hard if you hit a bump, which lessens control ... and they break if you slam them really hard.)

Same with the rear shock.

Also a lot of the other minor bits ... cheap wheels which won't stay true, levers which bend, cheap hardware which snaps when abused .....

BUT

That is just my experience. You might ride yours and love it.

I would strongly advise against getting Any Walmart-style bike that had Any suspension. But ... you might love yours. And my opinion isn't worth anything. Your riding experience is.

You go ride the thing and You tell Us if it is any good. After all, you are perfectly situated to do product testing, while all we can do is repeat our prejudices.