Thread: 30 years ago
View Single Post
Old 06-04-19, 05:30 AM
Mark5555

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wow, lots of info and good advice, thank you! The plan is to ride it and see. Purchased a used Trek Navigator 100 for my wife from a local shop. Going to start slow. My local shop wanted $79 to do a setup and that is why I purchased it from Walmart already built. Possibly I can get them to double check it and lubricate properly for less. I shot WD 40 on the exposed metal parts and lubed the chain with the real stuff. I readjusted the seat height to get a straighter leg while riding. You are correct in that I am currently depositing my weight on the seat and with my back at a comfortable angle, the heels of my hands on the bars. The bike seems less stable than my 1980s road bike, but I am carrying a heigher center of mass. I will try to adjust the seat some front and rear and also the angle!
Planning on purchasing the need accessories today. Any recommendations on the mini pumps. My tires say max psi is 50. I do hope to enjoy riding, I seem to recall that I used to minus all the tire punctures.
BTW I actually identified my old road bike, it was a Benotto. I wonder if it would be as much fun today as my memory has it in the 80's.
In any case thanks for the help!
cheers