Banned

Bikes: Specialized tarmac sl2 giant tcx zero

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Wilfred Laurier
Mystery solved!

The BMX V brakes are in fact mini Vs. This means you don't want to use V brake compatible levers as they will result in nice crisp feeling brakes that have no stopping power. Mini Vs are designed for use with short-pull levers (cantilever compatible).

If you add the Travel Agent things, this will make the situation worse... I would bet the brakes will barely stop the bike. As you have it set up now, you probably have to pull almost twice as hard as normal to get the bike to stop. A travel agent will make it so you have to pull four times as hard.

Also, moving to cantilever brakes will leave you with the same problem you have now.

Your options are:

Get a set of full length V brakes. These will work with the levers you have

or

Get a set of cantilever/caliper compatible levers. These will work with he brakes you have.

Either one of these will solve your problem, BUT doing both will result in brakes that function badly in another way (squishy levers that bottom out on the bar without stopping you)
i actually figured this one out , its kinda weird but first , i threw the stock tektro brake pads in the trash and installed some shimano ultegra holders and pads , and i switched the spacers on the pad with the smaller one on the inside and the larger one on the out side , its still a little bit soft to the pull , but they bite and stop me to where i feel safe enough to hit near top speeds in traffic and stuff .....