procrit
carbon is too light

Bikes: Yes.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked 248 Times in 159 Posts
Originally Posted by rubiksoval
Polarized training is not based on time, it's based on training sessions. Unless you're doing 8 easy sessions and 2 hard sessions, you're not doing actual polarizezd training (and a tempo session likely wouldn't even be done, or would be included in the 8 easy sessions).

The body typically responds to a new stimulus. If you haven't done much volume in a while, it makes sense that you improve.

Conversely, if you do years of volume with little intensity and then cut hours to do more of it, then it also makes sense that you improve.
Right. Where it's more like 80/0-5/15-20 for sessions it's more like 90/0/10 for time in zone. I'm definitely not doing a pure "polarized" plan, but it's a lot closer than what I was doing, which was a lot of tempo / SST. I also just went back and added the exact number, I'm actually 84/4/12 time in zone.

I've been watching some pros training plans and their workouts are really interesting. A couple of them are doing these 4-5 hour endurance rides with a handful of intervals near the beginning or right at the end. I don't know if that would count as an endurance ride or intense ride for the session, but it's for sure like 95% endurance and 5% LT+ time wise.