Old 06-28-19, 10:42 AM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1790 Post(s)
Liked 1,631 Times in 934 Posts
As long as we're at it I didn't see anything in the RCW 46 referencing Measures. So any distance provision of Stopping, standing, would be subjective at best under that body of law absent a defind marking by the applicable jurisdiction. And even so those markings are at the discretion of the county road engineer per part 5 of Definitions.

Bottom line is a there is a reason parking tickets are the lowest form of misdemeanor, most easily fought & won. Means of compliance must be defined or plainly observable.

And believe it or not, I'm not actually disagreeing with you concerning convention. Theres just a lot of subtlty & nuance regarding whether or not a ticket can be made to stick independent of whether it's worth the fight or not. The claim is made by the officer it's on him to prove his case. Whether a judge agrees or not depends on how high you want to go & hard you want to fight.

(I once worked with a guy that spent $270,000 to fight a judgement all the Washington Supreme Court. He lost & subsequently ran for Governor on the platform of changing the law. He placed 5th in the primary election with some 13,764 votes..It's a long story & unrelated to bicycles.)

Last edited by base2; 06-28-19 at 11:22 AM.