Sixty Fiver
Bicycle Repair Man !!!

Bikes: See my sig...

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 96 Posts
Originally Posted by koke
hahaha, i think the SPD cleats would defeat the purpose of the "barefoot feel" and especially recessed!!! OUCH!!!

Maybe just a strap like most fixed gear bikes have on their pedals.

How long have you been using you VFF's??? i had that same problem wen i first bought them, they felt uncomfortable wen standing still or just walking on plain surfaces, but if you wear them long enough the tendons and muscles in your feet get stronger and pretty soon the pain goes away.
There is a break in period for many people... shoes help us develop bad walking habits and weaken our feet since they restrict natural motion.

Have always been toe-heel walker and these encourage this which allows the foot and ankle to act as a shock absorber instead of relying on the heel of a shoe to absorb shock.

Have noticed that I have less spasms in my left foot now... do notice that with less back pain I can walk a little more and can feel fatigue in my smaller toes as they have been working harder.

Know a guy who has not worn shoes for over 20 years, he is a well educated man and a teacher and only carries sandals for when establishments will refuse service or in environments where the surface is hazardous.

He rides up and down the west coast and back and forth into Mexico in bare feet on old fashioned smooth pedals... logs 1000's of miles on his bike this way.

Did not find there was much of a break in period for me... have to do daily physio which includes my feet as the left one has limited feeling and needs to be worked out... the FF shoes help with this a lot and my physiotherapist really approves of these for many people who have various issues.