Old 06-26-12, 12:48 PM
gomango

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 821 Post(s)
Liked 255 Times in 142 Posts
Originally Posted by 1 Lugnut
I came across this Thread on a search last nite, trying to differentiate the asst Colnago Models from the 70' & 80's. Near as I can figure, I have an '83 model? Forum member jyl has the exact same frame that's an '83, so I'm guessing mine is of the same era. I bought it new as a 'frame only' in the early 80's from the Bicycle Odyssey in Sausalito, CA. It did have Superissimo Decals on the TT but I removed them, as well the the seat tube decal. It was my 1st real racing bike & I rode it steadily for close to 10 years B4 buying another bike. I had to have a set of Cobalto brakes to go w/ the Azzuro Blue color when they came out...& while on a trip to Italy, a riding friend was kind enough to score me 3 Colnago Master sew-ups to go w/ the bike :>)

Orig set up w/ a mix of SR & NR parts, but w/ the advent of Campy indexing & Ergo, I made the move to redo the drivetrain. However, after seeing DD's stellar restored '1974 Molteni Super', I'm beginning to think of a redo to bring mine back to period correct...? Dunno, all I can say is: it's a great ridin' bike...!

I love it!

Great color combos on that pretty Colnago.

Congrats.