View Single Post
Old 12-27-18, 02:41 PM
eatontkd

Bikes: 1984 Cannondale road w/ MANY upgrades, 2017 Trek Fx7.5 Hybrid, 1953 Rudge "work-in-progress", a 1956 Hercules "Royal Prince", and an unknown year, unknown frame lot's a fun single-speed!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 58 Posts

My festive Christmas!
Whew; been awhile since I've responded to my own thread!

Spent my entire Christmas "holiday" in hospital. I had another "event" on Christmas eve afternoon that sent me packing back, bummer.

I felt so bad for my family. My daughter's home on break from college as a first year freshman. I'm sure there's no chance of a Neuro-science degree in her future after all this! My wife was awesome, actually, is. She never left me, got less sleep than I, spent most of the time in a stiff chair; my sweet advocate. If there is anything positive through all this, it's the re-inforcement of my love/respect for her and hopefully, the further strengthening of our friendship.

I think there may have been a break through! Testing is starting to show that I have an enlarged chamber in my heart that may be allowing "blow back" (layman terms). Possibly a hole that never sealed well from birth. May need a
surgical procedure to seal it, and, hopefully, case, or, chamber closed. Time will tell as there are more tests to see results. Still have to go through Opthymalogy to assess my vision. That seems to be my biggest issue to date.
I'm very pleased with the care and concern of my Doctors thus far; Geisinger Medical Center has been great. BTW, if any of you are nurses, God love ya, you are SAINTS!

Thanks for the continued concerns, prayers, and understandings. Now, quit reading this dribble and go ride...