View Single Post
Old 03-10-19, 10:16 AM
deepakvrao

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by noodle soup
I wanted to go wider(for my Domane Disc), and these aren't the old school V shape. Compare the LB profile to these from Enve.

https://www.enve.com/en/products/ses-4-5-ar/
Thanks again :-)

Originally Posted by Marcus_Ti
You're still in Bangalore, India? It probably won't effect you. If you're in the USA--it is complicated.

A) The headline tariffs of "25%" on aluminum and steel....are for unfinished raw metal (as quantified by value/weight)--NOT finished or quasi-finished product. Meaning if you import a 500kg steel brick, you pay and extra 25%. If you import 500kg of steel spokes--you don't pay that particular tariff. If you order a set of bicycle wheels--you don't pay these either. UNFINISHED here is the key. There's an entire field in business called "tariff engineering" intended to find ways to bypass tariffs (see the Chicken Tax)

B) Lots of bicycle related tariffs got added--more likely to hit home that the raw metal tariffs. On things like ball bearings, bicycle components, etc.

D) It is up to the shipper to correctly file the bill of shipping as to what as in the box and to correctly ding it for tariffs. Something FedEx/UPS/DHL are renowned for not doing.

E) Now if you're in the USA and are ordering Light-Bicycle wheels...it depends on if you order from their US distributor, or are doing a custom order shipping from China. My set came from their USA warehouse, no extra tariffs. Cannot speak for direct-from-China.
Yes, I live in India, but ordering these from their global site to the US