Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked 273 Times in 136 Posts
Originally Posted by antmaster5000
what did i just buy for my bike? everything

i saw this posted on r e d d i t (why is this censored?):

[Pic of nice Big Block]

and commented that i liked it. someone read my comment and sent me a PM saying that they had a 55cm frameset that he'd sell me (my size). we settled on $325 shipped, and since then he has shipped the bike and i've researched and ordered everything else. was in no way planning on building up a fixed gear bike but inspiration hit i guess! saved a little bit of money with my industry discount from work (saved maybe $200 on the saddle, tires, and wheelset) and my grand total money spent was just under $1k.

here's the full build:
https://kit.com/am5k/all-city-big-block-build
copying the inspiration a lot (esp with the saddle) but gonna rock flat bars instead of drops

the idea of a whole bike being shipped from different locations across to the US all to the same apartment makes me laugh a bit. pretty stoked for everything to roll up! i'll definitely post a proper picture once it is all assembled and tuned to my liking.

Aren't you the guy who just got a nice B'stone NJS bike? That is a helluva stable you are building...

Originally Posted by BoozyMcliverRot

Wooty Wooo

Same here - but I'm trying to squeeze a few more miles out of my old rubber before swapping...

Where did you get yours? Have you put many miles on them yet? What do you think so far?