View Single Post
Old 06-02-19, 11:00 PM
tallbikeman

Bikes: Modified 26 inch frame Schwinn Varsity with 700c wheels and 10 speed cassette hub. Ryan Vanguard recumbent. 67cm 27"x1 1/4" Schwinn Sports Tourer from the 1980's. 1980's 68cm Nishiki Sebring with 700c aero wheels, 30 speeds, flat bar bicycle.

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 102 Posts
Zjrog wonderful to follow your weight loss story. Like you when I started my weight loss journey this time I was at a loss as to where I was going. I finally decided that a BMI of 18 to 24 was where I was going. Started at 282lbs and am down to 260lbs. I use Myfitnesspal food diary to control caloric intake. Unlike you I have a hereditary high blood pressure gene and my blood pressure is very hard to control. But it does go down with weight loss. I've done this one time before and hit a wall at 220lbs and never got below it. My BMI was still above 24 that time so I believe I am going to be between 200lbs and 215lbs or so before hitting goal. I took less blood pressure medicine but never got rid of it completely. This time I'm ready for the hard part at 220lb and will find a way to work through it. I've always had a recumbent around for the times when an injury keeps me from riding an upright bicycle. The recumbent is awesome on long rides because a proper set up one just does not hurt you in any way. I find the recumbent is no more prone to auto bicycle interactions than any other bicycle. However looking back is more of an issue and I'm very careful when pulling out into traffic because of the looking back issue. N+1 is an ever present hoarder instinct that must be resisted. I haven't bought a new to me bicycle in less than a year and haven't gotten rid of any bicycles in several years so I am up one or two but I'm in control. Keep up the good work.